Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Victoria Day

Well - its Victoria Day. Traditionally - at least in our family - it is the day we spend our hard earned money on plants. Then, we rush to get them planted and watered before they dry up in our garages.

Its windy today - actually, it has been windy all weekend and I'm getting a bit sick of it. I just hope its not a sign of things to come this summer. I think we deserve a nice, hot - CALM - summer. I did get some annuals and I got them planted so I feel like I accomplished something. Kirk and I dug out the huge patch of Yarrow that was in my front flowerbed. It was fine there when I was just establishing the flowerbed - but now, it was much too ugly to be out in front. It was quite a job - getting that stuff out of there and Kirk was wishing I'd never planted that stuff at all. But its out now. And replaced with a clump of perennial Sweet William and a few annuals.

Tomorrow is a work day again...I'm really enjoying my days off. Its too bad they have to end. This week I'm helping with the makeup for the St. Joseph's production of Grease. That means three nights of being out. Right now I'm wishing I'd just said no. Actually, I did say no and referred them to Cathryn. Then I felt badly because my excuse was Kirk's surgery (which was supposed to be last week) and when it was cancelled, I offered to help Cathryn. There is rehearsal tonight - but I'm begging out of it. I plan to spend the last few hours of the long weekend lounging in a hot bath.

I exercised today. It wasn't a great accomplishment since it was only twenty minutes on the treadmill and at a pretty slow pace since my legs aren't quite up to snuff yet. But I'm happy anyway. I also worked with the weights and did some crunches again. I'm cast as Puck in Midsummer Night's Dream this July and my costume is spandex from neck to toe. Its amazing how the threat of public humiliation will make you work out! Everyone should try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home