Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stuff my kids won't get to do...

My kids won't receive a handwritten letter.

They won't go to a drive-in.

They won't understand how very cool Colecovision was.

My kids won't hear grandparents speaking another language and think of it as normal.

They won't smell a real Christmas tree in the house.

5 Comments:

Blogger jouettelove said...

do you guys not do real trees??

that stuff makes me sad too...

8:25 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

Um... maybe you didn't mean for your tone to sound so sad, but it does. Numbers 1 and 5 are really easy to make happen (send me your postal address; maybe Tal wants a penpal -- he's just learning to print). Number is probably possible to arrange with a certain amount of travel...

Cheer up! :--) And go get a little Christmas tree, or at least some boughs to make garlands!

8:30 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

I mean: number__ = the drive-in movie.

8:31 p.m.

 
Blogger atypical said...

um...yell at their mom for blogging too often.

9:31 p.m.

 
Blogger spidermama said...

really - sad? I didn't intend for it to seem sad. I was just amazed one day thinking about things I took for granted being fazed out.

The saddest thing in my statements (to me) was the one about grandparents. I loved hearing the different languages.

7:19 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home