Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

201 - excitement!

First - this is my 201st post. Yes, normally, wouldn't you celebrate the 200th post? I meant to - I really did. I forgot.

Second - we have a little bit of excitement in our home. A new addition. No - nothing with a heartbeat but an important addition nonetheless. Today we bought a new vehicle. A 2004 Honda Civic. I'm excited because I think we made a helluva purchase. It appears to be a sound vehicle without many bells and whistles but a new windshield. I took the advice of a recent W5 episode and looked under the hood and trunk for uneven, non factory welds and there were none. It was sparkling new in there. Not even any rust on the bolts of the engine. It had been certified as a Honda used vehicle and because we got a good price on it, we put in cruise (an absolute necessity with my commute) and command start (a really, really nice thing with our winters). We also paid a little extra for the upgrade warranty which means everything is warrantied for 110,000 more kilometres. It is a lovely solid vehicle and I have every reason to be excited but none of the aforementioned things are why I am excited...

I am excited to be saving money on gas!!! (yeah, yeah and the environment and the blah, blah - makes me feel good too) But I'll be honest. Buying this vehicle means that we will potentially cut our fuel bill in half every month. That means what we *save* on gas will pay for the vehicle each month. And its only going to get uglier as the months drag on. I even splurged on their 'Nitrogen gas' upgrade in my tires because it is supposed to decrease fuel consumption as well.

Come August, when gas has increased another 30 cents a litre, I will at least be able to breath a little better than I do now. And the rest of you on this earth will be able to breath a little better too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home