Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

a new outfit & eyesight update

i was a little tired of the same old blog outfit so i changed it. i like it. it was time for a bit of change.

I saw the opthamologist yesterday and he says yes, this is optic neuritis. They aren't going to treat it because the outcome probably won't change. My sight will eventually improve over the next weeks or months and most of the time, it doesn't quite improve to what it was before. I haven't lost much sight this time so I'm not too worried. The treatment, when it is severe and involves both eyes or complete blindness or intense pain, is steroids and I'll happily avoid them for as long as I can.

So I guess this, combined with the movement disorder neuro telling me that he does not think this is an episodic ataxia, is making it more likely that this will turn out to be MS. Optic Neuritis is demyelination and MS is demyelination so its more possible that the funky walk is due to demyelination. Until there are more lesions in my MRI or I have some other function impaired, I'll be staying in this limboland.

2 Comments:

Blogger jouettelove said...

love the new look!

i'll hang with you in limboland, my friend ♥

8:04 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

Oh I'm sorry; I had no idea! May you stay in limboland, and may this not turn out to be MS. Miracles happen every day. SO I wish one on you.

1:57 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home