something interesting to say
I wish I had something...alas - there's not much profound going on in my head tonight.
We had a successful performance of Taming of the Shrew - our biggest and loudest crowd yet. I was fabulous (of course! lol) and we had a lot of fun. But I'm getting pretty tired and I can't say I'll miss it after tomorrow night. Its like this with every show I do - I'm ready to move on when its done.
And the next thing we do will be a big challenge. My partner in crime - R - is writing the next show with me. We have the bare bones down but there's a lot of work still to be done. Then we have to get it cast, sort out the logistics of the space, the lighting, the computer (yes - there will be an 'online' chat in the middle of the show) and work with the caterer because its a dessert theatre.
They are pushing me to commit to directing next year's Shakespeare and they want to do MacBeth. I keep telling them not to press me for an answer right now because it would be a resounding - hell no!! But if I give myself some time, it might be different.
Exciting news around our house is that my pond is finally going in. It was conceived two summers ago. I dug a rough outline and that's the way it sat. K came home today with pond liner and we dug it out in earnest (big enough to put koi in if we want!!). He also bought the pump and fountains so once we build a small retaining wall for the waterfall, we'll be able to fill it. I'm so excited about this. Its kind of pathetic, I realize that - you'd think bigger things would excite me - but this is absolutely thrilling to me. Three years of waiting and it will finally be done within a day or so. I promise - I'll take pictures.
And it is only days away from our big trip on the train. I haven't even begun to get ready for that. I'm leaving that task for Monday I guess. I think the biggest challenge will be getting everyone to commit to only packing the bare minimum. A couple shirts, a couple shorts, a sweatshirt and a pair of pants. That's it! ok, that's not exactly it - but there will not be nine changes of clothes. There will be a couple and then a half day spent at the laundromat!
Well...that's it I guess. Blessed, boring normalcy.

2 Comments:
I think a little reflection pond would be great! And I would be excited about it too!
1:48 p.m.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
3:03 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home