Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

An incredible sense of smell

Today instead of spending the day hiding away from the world while my family carried on with life - I got out of the house with them!

We watched J play a great game of soccer, I ate a soccer house hotdog - oh so good - then handed him off to go swimming with his friend. The rest of us met my mom and nephew for a quick burger at the local Dairy Queen. I did not order anything for myself, having just eaten the excellent hot dog - when a woman sat down at a table behind us and I - wait for it - could smell her banana split.

I did not want to have to buy the entire family a round of ice creams so I stuffed down the craving for three large dollops of soft serve smothered in chocolate, pineapple and strawberry, banana slices adorning the sides...I stuffed the craving.

Until eight o'clock tonight when we drove my niece in from visiting with us - then K and I snuck away for our Saturday evening date and drove through the drive through at Dairy Queen to finish what that evil woman had started earlier this afternoon.

All this - an entire day of thinking about ice cream - all because of my incredible sense of smell.

1 Comments:

Blogger atypical said...

Your patience is awe-inspiring! I would have made an excuse to run to the grocery store within minutes of returning home.

I bow to your olfactory magnificence and your incredible focus!

;)

-me

10:51 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home