Adventures of an artist on her little house on the prairie.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

I love Boney M

and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

I haven't listened to the groovy sounds of Boney M since I was a kid (on the LP, listening to it on the record player, grooving on the shag carpet - I remember being so embarassed yet thrilled that there were half naked women on the cover and my father let me see it!!) but I have been shamelessly downloading hits like:

The Rivers of Babylon
Brown Girl in the Ring
Rasputin
and
Mary's Boy Child

I even made my lovely, albeit completely without rhythm, husband get up and shake his groove thang with me. It is music made for dancing!

Of course - my dh did mention that he probably should return the Boney M CD he bought for me for Christmas...hehehe. Oops.

Carry on!! By the rivers of bab-y-lon! Where we sat down...hey, hey, hey, hey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

How strange. Last week C2 started singing "Brown Girl in the Ring" and we've been boogying on down to it ever since. He must have heard it at school. I cannot get it out of my head, and now I have to have a mental image of you and K dancing while I sing? Sheesh.

12:45 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet he dances pretty good. Did he shake his groove thang for you?

2:23 p.m.

 
Blogger Emily said...

:--) I first found that record, with all those 1/2 naked women, on the shelf at my grandparents, and with the same thrill you had also danced endlessly to it in my early teens. I don't have it, now, nor even a record player... but downloading is a good idea!!!! Rasputin and the Rivers of Babylon were my absolute favourites.

10:41 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home